Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Fundraiser
LAWN SUMMER NIGHTS (LSN)
At the 2017 Spring General Meeting, President, Ken Armstrong, supported by David Anderson, suggested that the club investigate hosting an LSN.
MILTON BOWLING CLUB, also trading as MILTON LAWN BOWLING CLUB has decided to submit an application (see Criteria) to host a "Pop Up" Lawn Summer Nights
event in the summer of 2020. The words "Pop Up" are used to describe a one-off event rather than a series of events hosted over sevaral weeks at the same venue.
How it works
Teams of mostly young people between the age of 20 and 35 are recruited via social media to compete in a one-day lawn bowling event at the Milton Lawn Bowling Club.
Teams pay an entry fee of $200. They also seek sponsorships from their friends and employers.
Donations from Platinum, Gold and Silver sponsors are essential to our fundraising goal.
Raffles and silent auction items contribute to the success of the occasion.
Its a party from start to finish crowned by barefoot dancing on the green.
The benefits for our generous sponsors:
- Extensive Social media coverage through our event networking.
- Employee participation among the teams registering for the event.
- An opportunity to present event trophies.
The benefits to the club are seen to be:
- Enhanced public's awareness of our club.
- Contributing to the fabric of the Town of Milton.
- An opportunity to attract a group of young people to the game of lawn bowling.
- Providing the membership a way to give back to an afflicted group within our community.
- Improving the club's standing with grant providers.
About Lawn Summer Nights.
Since 2009, Lawn Bowling Clubs accross Canada have helped raise millions of dollars for Cystic Fibrosis Research. In 2019, eighteen clubs participated.
Go to LSN website and see second photo to watch film about LSN
These LSN events are one great party! They bring young, working age people to the lawn bowling club along with their entheusiasm for raising money for a great and worthy cause.